Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Meet Ellie Babcock
8 lbs 1 oz.
19.5 inches
Born 2:57 a.m. on 1/28/09
Mom and baby are both doing very well. Sare went into active labor at about 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, and was admitted to the hospital at 4:30. Upon examination we learned that she was dilated to about 4cm. She received an epidural soon after admittance and gradually progressed (with the help of pitocin) to a 10 at about 12:30 am. After that she just waited a bit in order to "rest and descend." At 2:30 the nurses came in to set up all the gear. The doctor showed up at about 2:45. After some foreceps, an episiotomy, and some amazingly powerful pushing from Sarah, Ellie left the womb to begin her mortal experience. She produced the most beautiful, piercing cry. It was gentle, but intense. It came up into my ears and out my eyes. Her messy little body looked so perfect. She looked so innocent. A couple of the nurses remarked that her lungs seemed to be very strong. She and Sarah have been sleeping off and on since then and have had great success with nursing. I was able to sleep for about two hours in the afternoon, but I've spent most of my time just staring at her.
At about 8 p.m. we celebrated her 0th birthday with singing and cake. Since we couldn't light a candle in the hospital, Ben pulled out an iPhone app of a zippo lighter. Sarah and I "blew it out" after the singing. We wish all of you could have been with us to share the moment, have some cake, and meet our beautiful baby girl. We hope you enjoy the pictures. Feel free to call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thank you for posting pictures and VIDEO too! It's great to see Ellie in action. She's a beautiful girl. I love the little lip tremor of newborn babies.
I think her mouth looks like Sare's!
Congratulations! She is beautiful.
-- Cousin Julie
She's so beautiful! We're sad that we just missed her birth. We were half way across the country when she was born. I can't wait to meet her in person. Good job, Sare!!
Your baby is darling! I love her already. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!
Good work!
Beautiful collection! Thank you for sharing. Ellie is a great name and we can't wait to meet her in person. Yeah!!!!!!
Post a Comment