Hello!
I'm writing from the hospital. We will be going home tomorrow morning before 8:00. Sarah's brother Mike is letting us borrow his computer. I'm really grateful.
We feel so happy to have Ellie join us. We're glad that she has such a loving extended family.
Mom and baby are still doing very well. Sare mentioned that she is in a fair amount of pain. The postpartum contractions are what's bothering her, but she has been dealing with them well. She's trying to sleep while I hold Ellie and try to type with one hand.
We met Dr. Kendall today. She is Ellie's pediatrician. We thought she was delightful, helpful, and professional. She said Ellie was doing great, a bit jaundiced, but not more than normal.
The muconium diapers are a sinch. I'm trying to enjoy the lack of odor while I can. Feeding is still going just fine. Sarah saw a lactation specialist today just to make sure. It helped a bit, but Sarah and Ellie had already figured out most of it on their own.
Barb and Sarah think they saw dimples last night. They are also suspecting curly hair. We look forward to seeing some smiles soon.
We were very grateful to have Barbru back at the hospital today. We have been feeling like the nursery is just too far away and there are just too many babies around for Ellie to get the kind of attention we want her to get. Of course, that has meant that we have not slept much. It was nice to finally get a couple solid hours in this afternoon. Sarah is still sleeping off and on, but usually not more than an hour at a time. We're going to try to get what we can while we can because we know sleep will be hard to come by in the next several weeks.
Our love to all of you.
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates. It's hard being so far away right now. I'd love to hold Ellie.
I have been patiently (or maybe not so patiently) waiting for an update, but I haven't wanted to call. I know how precious sleep is at this point. I was there not too long ago and it goes fast. That is a good thing, but a sad thing at the same time. Ellie is so sweet and I love her little cry. I guess she was meant to come on the 28th! How lucky you are to have her early on your own for your first child!!! I am so excited to hear all the details, but I will wait a while before calling! Enjoy your time with your newborn.
Post a Comment