We are going through several changes. They are good changes, though, so it is progress. Sarah finishes work on Friday the 19th. It is coming quickly. Our anniversary is on the 17th. We were planning a trip to Vegas, but, as many of you can attest, pregnancy and long trips don't jive. We're planning to stay in Salt Lake somewhere. We will have been married 3 years! Is that no longer newly married? Not that I mind. I don't care how new it is as long as I'm married to Sarah. She does so much. The 5:30 am alarm and the daily 45 minute-each-way commute has been challenging for her, but she's not one to complain. We're glad we decided to have her be work-free for these last 8 weeks. She looks so good. I'll see what I can do to get recent pictures of her progress.
I'm currently taking a course on tax planning. I have a final and a big paper due on Monday, and then I have a break until January 15th. I'm contemplating job possibilities. We're planning to use COBRA for a while until we get that sorted out.
Our OBGYN, Dr. Gordon, passed away a few weeks ago of Lou Gehrig's disease. We are trying to decide if we are going to go with the other doc in the same office, Dr. Judd, or if we will go to Dr. Thorpe, who we hear has a good reputation, too.
The quote on the tile in the background of one of the birthday shots is a quote from Helaman 5:12. The part we have displayed is in italics:
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
2 comments:
Thank you for the quote! It is a good one. We would love more pictures! Good luck with finals, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, and whoohoo on the final countdown weeks for the big birthday! We are praying for you guys, that all will go well.
I think anniversary celebrations can be simple and sweet and yes, local--even spent at home! We try and go to the temple close to the date and do sealings to hear the words again. I would love to hear about other anniversary celebrations couples do, things to remember and make each year memorable (they start to merge after 20...).
Sarah and Michael,
both doctors have excellent reputations. Dr. Judd is supposed to be a genius with forcep deliveries, and therefore a good guy to keep you out of a c-section. I, however, love Dr. Thorpe. He worked with us for jamie and john, and I love how patient and kind he is. He apparently worked with Shannon for quite a while to help her avoid an episiotomy. Basically, both are great options, and you should feel really safe in either of those doctors hands.
Love, Amy
Post a Comment