Sunday, October 26, 2008

The doctor found something....


When we went in for our monthly check up, the sonographer found something.  We saw it before, but it was bigger this time.  There was a cyst next to the baby.  The sonographer couldn't tell what it was attached to or if it was affecting the baby (not shown in this picture).  We were referred to a specialist.  Luckily there was an opening the next day.  We wouldn't have to wait long.

At our specialist appointment we found out that the cyst is a placental cyst and does not affect the baby whatsoever.  It was a relief to us.  We also found out that our baby is COMPLETELY healthy.  We got everything checked out and all is well.  We feel VERY grateful!

4 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

That must have been really scary. I'm glad you were able to quickly resolve your concerns.

I hope teaching is not too hard on you. School days can be long days on your feet. Do you have a stool or something you can sit on while teaching?

It's good to put your feet up when you can, even if it looks funny to other people. It can really help.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I'm glad things are fine! It's nice to get comforting reassurance. We're excited about your baby!

julie babcock said...

I'm so glad your baby is ok! We are excited to see you guys at Christmas time!

Shannon said...

I am so glad they could get you in quickly. That is so scary when you think there might be something wrong. I am so grateful everything is okay! We are excited to see your big belly in December (hopefully it is big by then!)